Saturday, March 30, 2013

Introducing...

Hi! welcome to our blog about our efforts to find more about our ancestors! My Aunt Diane and I share a common interest and love for preserving and researching our family history. Being several states and time zones away, and wanting to share our efforts with the family, this blog is born. This blog will be turned into a book eventually. We will share names, dates, pictures, and stories.

If you see information that is incorrect, please comment and share what you know. If I've learned anything, I've learned that lots of folks are not so good about writing down sources. I've become more meticulous in this area myself, and would appreciate the "where" the information was obtained. We are all human here people.

It is my hope that this is useful for someone else, as well as my own family. The following surnames will be researched and talked about. I will keep the living family names under wraps unless they give permission to be talked about.

Sorensen (sometimes Sorenson)
Rooch Boldt
Rider (turns to Reiter the farther back you go)
Cobb
McCall
Wenbaugh
Moll
Plassmann
Lueck
Muir
Crosby
Strowbridge
Lennington
Tuttle

Some spellings of the surnames change, of course. I put down the most common (what I have seen the most)

We will label each post with a surname, and this should allow an easy search of the posts to find relevant information about each family.

No comments:

Post a Comment